Image result for dr dans freedom forum

Help Educate America
Click on the following link to help educate America.
Donations are not tax deductible.

Keith Broaders
1230 N Street #510
Sacramento, California 95814
Phone (916) 399-4881

Thomas Jefferson - THE MAKING OF AMERICA, p. 395

"...And to preserve their independence, we must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debts as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our callings and our creeds, as the people of England are*, our people, like them, must come to labor sixteen hours in the twenty-four**,, and give the earnings of fifteen of these*** , to the government for their debts and daily expenses; and the sixteenth being insufficient to afford us bread, we must live, as they now do, on oatmeal and potatoes; have not time to think, no means of calling the mis-managers to account; but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow sufferers..."

* - You see right there that Thomas Jefferson knew why this was bad. It was ALREADY HAPPENING! IN ENGLAND!

** - 16 out of 24 hours is 2/3 of the day. (That's a double shift for all you Davis/Baconers out there.)

*** - that works out to 94% of your money you would earn each day to be paid to the government.

Views: 286

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YES?

when studying the nature of laws One must remember that  Our Laws come from God  For our Liberty is God given  and inspires man to invent laws to abrogate them or change them to their purpose. Too many Liberties can be found in Human definition as disastrous to those who wish power. Power is the fictitious nature of Government whereby Liberty is controlled. Now lets define Tyranny  for isnt it a small group controlling a larger group of masses of people. Those who aspire not for Power but to increase their life as well as their progeny.. I can follow this line of reasoning  for ever but the point here is a lesson.

We so often look  for freedoms in others not in ourselves and if enough seek freedom then it will exist .If i were to say one profound thing from all this searching i might say something like this.

One of the strangest phenomena of our time, and one that will probably be a matter of astonishment to our descendants, is the doctrine which is founded upon this triple hypothesis: the radical passiveness of mankind,— the omnipotence of the law,—  and the infallibility of the legislator: this is the sacred symbol of any party, a party that proclaims itself exclusively democratic. But then who am i but one person who only crushes rocks.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Online Professor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service