Article I Section 2 Clause 3

8575536468?profile=originalThe men who wrote the Constitution wanted to strengthen their union by creating a stronger central government. They established a bicameral legislature with a Senate and a House of Representatives.

Each state was to have two representatives in the Senate and the people of the states were to be represented by a ratio, not to exceed one member in the House of Representatives for every 30,000 people.

This requirement can be found in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3.

The states wanted the ratio between the people and their representatives to not exceed 1/30,000. They felt that if that ratio was exceeded, the power of the representatives would be increased and the voice of the people would be diminished, until the people no longer HAD a voice.

Over the years, this provision in the Constitution has been ignored and the Constitutionally mandated 30,000 to 1 ratio has mushroomed to over 700,000 to 1. THAT is a fact that CANNOT be argued; and no longer can we afford to ignore it either.

Legislative power in the House of Representatives is in the hands of 435 career politicians. With a population of nearly 319 million people in America today, the people should have approximately 10,630 members in the House of Representatives. NOT 435!

In 1929 Congress, with The Reapportionment Act, violated the Constitutional provisions of Article I, Section 2, Clause 3, when they officially froze the membership in the House at 435. This is a clear violation of the Constitution and an obvious ploy to solidify their power.

Every member of Congress who has sworn an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution has dishonored their oath and is guilty of treason.

If we want to limit the size of Congressional Districts to 30,000, it can only be lawfully achieved through the people demanding they follow the Constitution or through ratification of the originally proposed 1st Amendment which says,

"After the first enumeration required by the first article of the Constitution, there shall be one Representative for every thirty thousand, until the number shall amount to one hundred, after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall be not less than one hundred Representatives, nor less than one Representative for every forty thousand persons, until the number of Representatives shall amount to two hundred, after which the proportion shall be so regulated by Congress, that there shall not be less than two hundred Representatives, nor more than one Representative for every fifty thousand persons."

Instead Congress has amended the Constitution by ignoring the provisions in Article 1, Section 2, Clause 3, AND this proposed Amendment.

If the provisions of the Constitution, (Supreme Law of the Land?) are not followed by our elected representatives, then I think it is time for us to follow the advise of Thomas Jefferson, who stated in the Declaration of Independence,

"When a government becomes tyrannical of these ends, it is the right and the duty of the people to alter of abolish it."

If we continue to allow our government officials to violate the Constitution, we become the authors of our own enslavement.  Every single member of the Legislative, Executive and Judicial Branches of government is violating their oath and should all be replaced, indicted and prosecuted.

To educate yourself on the principles of liberty and individual responsibility go to the Liberty Tree University

You need to be a member of Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America to add comments!

Join Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Great article, much of American history is invisible to the public, mainly because it's deliberately hidden by the public school system (like the missing thirteenth amendment). In effect the country is ruled by traitors, professional and career politicians for many decades, creating their own "foundations".
    • Yes. Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • That 13th Amendment needs to be enforced; all these impostors running our governments and especially the judicial branches take every opportunity to make everything a crime. Unless we prosecute them this will never change. They have all broken their oaths and have therefore lost their immunity. I've said it before, I'll say it again, PROSECUTE.

• But Joe,

That's exactly what Terry Trussel tried to do and a "jury of his peers" found him guilty when the judges and lawyers brought him up on charges. What are we gonna do when the whole "system" is lost?

This reply was deleted.