Click on the banner to access our forums and discussions    

Click on the banner to make your donation

Donate $20 and Receive Discounts at 300,000 Locations.
A Portion of the Donation will go to the Bundy Family Legal Defense Fund

Like millions of others, I supported the movement to call  for a Convention of the States. Then I discovered that what Patrick Henry said was absolutely true. I formed my earlier opinion based on a false premise which lead me to draw a false conclusion. I deeply regret that I was conned into believing that the Convention of the Statea was a good idea.

The prescribed method for amending the Constitution was in the Articles of Confederation  Knowing that it would have been virtually impossible for them to get the unanimous support of all of the states they simply changed the rules for ratification.

In the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson said that when the government becomes tyrannical it was the right and duty of the people to alter or abolish their government and that is exactly what they did.

The reason for seeking to amend the Constitution was not because the Articles of Confederation had become tyrannical, but because the of defects in the document.

The reason our government has become tyrannical because the Constitution is not being obeyed. The people were responsible to monitor their government and hold the elected officials accountable for not obeying the Constitution.

The Constitution has failed to do its job because we the people have failed to do our job. We don't need to ,alter or abolish our government, we simply need our government officials to obey it. Every law including the Constitution which is the supreme law of land ceases to be law when it is not enforced  George W. Bush stated that the Constitution was just a God damned piece of paper.

We the people are above the Constitution and the government and we have both the right and the duty to hold those government officials accountable Those who fail to comply with limitations imposed on them in the Constitution need to put on trial for their crimes.

Currently our Congressmen and women are rewarded by Wall Street bankers and corporations for passing unconstitutional legislation because we allow it. Instead rewarding the criminals we need to prosecute them for their crimes.

Congress continues to spend money we don't have on programs and projects that are unconstitutional. We can reduce spending significantly by simply requiring Congress to only spend money on those things authorized in the Constitution.

In Article 1 Section 8 Congress only authorized to spend money to pay our debts, provide funding for our common defense and for promoting the general welfare.

Money that is allocated to foreign countries is unconstitutional. Allocating money to fund government agencies and bureaus is unconstitutional, allocating money to help some of our people at the expense of others is also unconstitutional.

We don't need to pass an balanced budget amendment all we would need to do is limit spending to the areas authorized in the Constitution.

By imposing term limits on elected officials we take away an individuals right to vote for the candidate of his or her choice. We need to educate the people of the principles in our Constitution so they can make an informed decision. Currently the men and women elected are the ones who spend the most money.

I agree that the people and the states have a right to call for a Convention of the States, but that does not mean that we should exercise that right. We wouldn't need to amend the Constitution if we simply enforced it.

If our Congressmen knew they would be held accountable to the voters in their districts for recklessly spending their money on unconstitutional programs and projects we would see a dramatic improvement in their behavior.

In Article 1 Section 8 Clause 17 the Constitution limits the jurisdiction of the government to an area not to exceed 10 miles square prohibits the government from owning land in the states unless it is to be used for military forts, arsenals, dockyards and needful buildings. The government now claims to own over 70% of land in some of the western states. The government claims to own up to 900 million acres.

All of the issues the Convention of the States are pushing can be accomplished simply by strictly enforcing the Constitution,

Promoters of a Convention of the States claim that a Convention of the States in not a Constitutional Convention.

What is CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION

According to Black's Law Dictionary a Constitutional Convention is defined as a

A duly constituted assembly of delegates or representatives of the people of a state or nation for the purpose of framing, revising, or amending its constitution.

Views: 403

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We must look at the logical facts... Good men under the guidance of their prayers and God created this nation of states by constitutional government with the authority of the people.

The government system was usurped by the evil deception of Bankers and their BAR minions and the people did not standup and manage the constitutional government. It is true fact that deception played the ultimate role in the destruction of our society.

Now the deception will continue until the people gather together and take charge of our authority.

It is our authority to take charge by bringing a claim of government violations to grand juries across this nation and prosecute the evil that has perpetrated thorough society and that does not take a majority vote of government. It takes 25 men according to article 61 of the Magna Carta in a county or counties across the several states to create a citizen grand jury and present the charges of wrongs and crimes and prosecute the people who are trying to destroy the goodness of this nation for the evil design and deception of the Bankers and BAR Lawyers.

Blaming the bankers again, fine.

But this American republic was NO MORE the day the SCOTUS illegally took the power to determine what was or was not Constitutional. That power, according to the Constitution, belongs to the States or the people respectively.

I dare anyone to show me where that power is given to the SCOTUS in the Constitution???

Doug The Bankers brought their BAR Minions in to take over the seats of our government and created Judiciary Corporations to take over the courts and law and converted it to legal fiction. They created a Corporation of the District of Columbia and deceived the nation of states into thinking it was the government and defined everything as territory of the UNITED STATES.

The defense is presenting the boundaries of the free and independent state as enacted by the lawful United States Congress, as defined by the constitutions,  to bring a state into the union of states of America.

I am not saying this did not happen, the Act of 1871 is a disgrace and probably unconstitutional.
However WE allowed the destruction of our republic to occur in 1803. After review, the Supreme Court decided the Carriage Act was constitutional. Marbury v. Madison[3] was the first Supreme Court case where the Court asserted its authority for judicial review to strike down a law as unconstitutional.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Keith Broaders.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service