Chief of Police Harassed by Feds, Placed on Leave After Signing Pledge to Uphold Constitution

The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store

Sheriff orders Shane Harger to disband entire police department due to “political affiliations”

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
January 30, 2014

UPDATE: Police Chief Shane Harger and Sheriff Richard Mack will both appear on Infowars Nightly News tonight to discuss this story. Harger is meeting with other Jemez Springs law enforcement officials tonight to discuss his position.

Image: Police Chief Shane Harger.

A police chief was detained and harassed by federal agents while traveling to a constitutional convention before returning home to be told he was being placed on administrative leave and ordered to disband his police department after signing a pledge to uphold the bill of rights.

Police Chief Shane Harger of the Jemez Springs, NM Police Department was flying out of Albuquerque Airport last week on his way to a Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) convention taking place in Las Vegas. CSPOA is an organization headed up by Sheriff Richard Mack under which law enforcement officers gather to re-affirm their commitment to uphold and defend the Constitution.

Before passing security, Harger was approached by a TSA agent who asked the police chief to show his credentials. Moments later, a man claiming to be a “federal agent” also asked to see Harger’s credentials before telling him he was a “person of interest.” The federal agent then demanded to know where Harger was traveling to and why.

When Harger told the federal agent he was attending the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association Convention in Las Vegas, he was detained for 35 minutes before finally being allowed to board the airplane.

On Tuesday January 28, a day after his return, Harger was placed on administrative leave and ordered by Sandoval County, NM, Sheriff Douglas C. Wood to disband his entire police department due to his “political affiliations”.

What were his political affiliations? While attending the convention, Harger, along with 38 other police officers, signed a declaration affirming their pledge to “obey and observe” the U.S. Constitution, in addition to refusing to carry out unconstitutional orders such as gun confiscation without constitutionally compliant warrants, violations of the 4th amendment without probable cause, detainment or incarceration of citizens without probable cause, or working with the military for domestic law enforcement.

In other words, Harger was targeted for federal harassment and subsequently suspended for re-affirming his belief in the very Constitution he took an oath to uphold and protect in order to become a police officer in the first place.

“Despite having received a meritorious commendation from the Mayor of Jemez Springs on January 22, 2014, it seems that no one in the village government is willing to come to the assistance of Harger. It appears that Harger’s stance to defend and uphold the Constitution has put him and his entire department of ten part-time and volunteers out of business,” writes Vincent Finelli.

“I was at the convention and I never saw nor heard anyone say nor do anything that was a violation of any law. The CSPOA convention was an assembly of peace-loving Americans who just wanted to uphold their oath of office, that being to support and defend the US Constitution and Bill of Rights for all of us, We The People,” adds Finelli.

Harger’s treatment is yet another disturbing indication that the federal government, in addition to law enforcement authorities, view Americans who support the bill of rights as domestic extremists. Harger’s position as Chief of Police also shows that they are desperate to prevent citizens who identify as constitutionalists, tea partiers or libertarians from holding any position of influence within law enforcement or society in general.

Harger’s potential dismissal for his patriotic and constitutional “political affiliations” is a chilling reminder that such positions are not only not welcomed but actively discriminated against by the federal government.

Views: 1180

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Glad I didn't send this story to any of my friends yet... After searching it on Fox and Breitbart and finding nothing, dug a little deeper and, behold, possible true details:

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s3305689.shtml#.UvL-0fsyo1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCERPT FROM "NEWS" STORY:
[Harger] ...explaining why he was hassled by TSA agents at the Sunport.

It was because he has two names.

Shane Harger said he was harassed by TSA agents at the Albuquerque Sunport.

The City Council of Jemez Springs called the meeting to clear the air about what happened.

Harger said agents were questioning the name on his boarding pass; it was different than the name on his I.D.

The name on his New Mexico driver's license is Braxton Haze, but the name on the pass said Shane Harger.

Harger used to be a deputy in Valencia County and was the first to arrive at former APD officer Levi Chavez's home the night Chavez's wife Tera was found dead.

He said that without getting into details, that event had a lot to do with the name change.........

END OF EXCERPTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why Harger might have wanted to change his name:

http://www.abqjournal.com/news/metro/1506389594newsmetro05-15-11.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EXCERPTS FROM ARTICLE:
------------------------------
Deputy Found Himself in Chavez Family Web
          Everything changed for Shane Harger on Oct. 20, 2007.
        He was in his first year as a Valencia County sheriff's deputy when he responded to a 911 call from then-Albuquerque police Officer Levi Chavez II, who told dispatchers his wife, Tera Chavez, had fatally shot herself with his duty weapon.
        Harger saw a number of things at the Chavez home in Los Lunas that were inconsistent with suicide, he told attorneys 15 months later.
        "Based on information and belief, also based on my training and experience, I'm of the opinion that Tera Chavez was shot and killed at someone else's hand," Harger said in the deposition, .....
        Harger was in an undisclosed location outside Albuquerque when his deposition was taken by telephone. .....Within a few months of being called to the death scene in 2007, things got even stranger for Harger, .....
        While at a DWI instructors class in Albuquerque, Harger was approached by a man he didn't know who introduced himself as the Guadalupe County sheriff.
        The man turned out to be Robert Chavez, Levi's uncle. Robert Chavez offered Harger a job as a sheriff's deputy in Guadalupe County, and Harger accepted.
        Harger wouldn't learn of the family connection until later.
        ....... The sheriff was "obviously inebriated" and told Harger that part of his job with the department would be to look for Mexican nationals driving along a highway that leads to Mexico and seize "certain types of vehicles that can be used for the sheriff's department."
        "We were given specific instructions to use one particular towing service in Santa Rosa, no others, regardless of standard procedures through dispatch that wreckers are to be called via rotation," he said.
        "Once the vehicles were removed from the roadway, that wrecker service would take them to their impound yard, and I have no knowledge as to what took place with those vehicles after that point."
        Harger said he was approached by.....— who turned out to be Levi Chavez Sr. — asked Harger about his career and whether he liked living in Guadalupe County.
        "Then, out of nowhere, he brought up the fact that I was the initial officer on the Tera Chavez case," he said. "He just came out and said that, you know, 'Aren't you the one that's investigating my son's case?'
        .....at which point the hair stood up on the back of my neck, because he then disclosed that Robert Chavez was Levi Chavez Jr.'s uncle. ... And I just found myself right smack-dab in the middle of all of them."
        Levi Sr. said: "You know, we know you're going to make the right choice in this matter. .......
        Break-in
        Harger began to keep a file on what he believed was happening in Guadalupe County and shared his concerns with an Albuquerque-based FBI agent and several other colleagues in law enforcement.
        Soon afterward, Harger learned that two people — one of them an undercover narcotics officer — had died of self-inflicted gunshot wounds from Robert Chavez's duty weapon during the 1990s.
        Both deaths were ruled suicides, but a family member of the narcotics detective told Harger that he didn't believe that.
        One night, he arrived home to the ranch house he was renting to find it had been burglarized. The only thing missing was a manila folder that contained written documentation about the vehicle towing operation, the Tera Chavez case and notes about Harger's interactions with Robert Chavez and Levi Chavez Sr.
        "I had information and belief that there was, in fact, an automobile-theft ring which was organized, facilitated, coordinated and/or propagated through and for the Chavez family," Harger said in his deposition.
        After he discovered the burglary, Harger called a friend in law enforcement to say he was leaving the ranch.
        "I called him while leaving my property in fear for my life and told him that if he didn't hear from me within eight hours, that he needed to contact the Attorney General's Office and start looking for my body."
        Death threats
        Within a few weeks, Harger had been fired. He said he was followed once by a truck owned by the Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office and again after he moved back to Valencia County.
        Harger also said he received several "death threats from anonymous sources which, based on reasonable inferences, I believe to be the Chavez family," according to the deposition.

This is scary stuff...Especially when the Sheriffs are involved in the practices of crimiality...We need more 'Serpico's" amongst our police officers...To rat out those who are using their badges to enhance their criminal activites!

If you are talking of the Chavez crimes, yes, very worrisome, and probably like cockroaches -- if you see one, there are likely hundreds more you don't see, but common sense tells you they are there.

And also, how did what is looking like the fake version of this story, "Police Chief Placed on Leave for Defending the Constitution", become a "news" story on infowars, oathkeepers, etc, when it took me only a few minutes to google up what is looking like the real story after noticing it wasn't carried on Fox or Breitbart and seeking why?

Mike, thank you for that investigative reporting.  While it appears the initial story was correct in that he was a target.  The facts got distorted as to why.  And what you have presented for consideration, is even more frightening.  That is within the ranks.  If "they" (sheriffs) will go after one of "their" brethren, brother in arms, where does it leave The People? Is it time to seriously consider community Militia's? I had a frustrating interaction with both Phoenix Police and Maricopa County Sheriff yesterday.  In the interest of time, let's just say, we have no legitimate Peace Officers.  A serious breach of peace was taking place in Phoenix at approx. 5-6pm yesterday.  Phoenix police where on the scene with CPS to abduct, kidnap, a child.  No probable cause, imminent danger or warrant. Nothing but a bogus court order by a "commissioner" of a so-called court.  Notice of Quo Warranto, Fee Schedule, Notice of Color of law violations...etc were severed on all interested parties prior to the seize.  Called the sheriff to get protection by the perpetrators, PPD and CPS. Sheriff on hold for 15 min. after 30 min on phone with "secretary of somekind", she stated no jurisdiction to intervene, and that there were no sheriffs available for dispatch, busy with traffic!  Called PPD, got a condescending, incompetent officer who also indicated there were no commanding officers avail.  Phone 30 min with him.  IN short when asking him by what authority do they claim the right to kidnap, abduct?  His response, orders. This is how that conversation went. Me:  authority from whom?  Him: commanding officer? Me: and his Authority?   HIm: From the state Me: And where does the state get the authority?  Him: and i quote:" I am sure it's from some government agency".  Do you see where I went with this and what is inherently *&&^% up?  It was frustrating to say the least.  Will be pursuing this criminal activity in the Court of Record.  MY court, your court, THE PEOPLES COURT.  All due respect to your comment Ed, we don't need more Serpicos (although couldn't hurt and is certainly welcome by me), we need more WE THE PEOPLE, to stand up and claim their rightful Power and Authority.  Sorry, I know i said i would keep is short.  Godbless us all

You're damned right this is scarey stuff. One of the worst possible things in law enforcement is bad police work. Bad police work is when someone levels charges without proper investigation, and frankly this place is rampant with bad cops, including Keith B. The county sheriff says they did not remove any local officers from post, as this is not within his realm of service, which I am sure is not within his realm, and second, apparently someone tried entering a secure area (commercial jet) with an alias and a gun, again from a security standpoint bad stuff. If you people are going to pretend to do police work, you should consider the ramification of bad police work. If someone is shooting up my house I hope to God none of you clowns show up to protect me because you are probably going to be the ones to shoot me! You are all very disappointing ... Especially you Keith. And I will continue watching this cesspool of injustice closely.

Tim Gard

Oath Keepers WNY

Alan, you proudly display "Oath Keepers WNY", do you feel the same about their lack of responsibility in investigation of the story?  You cannot condemn Keith B, without doing the same of your Oathkeepers?

Absolutely. I am as equally PO'ed at any *member* of the Oath Keepers organization who did the same bad police work. (I know of none however, but I am sure there are) But the individuals, *not* the organization. There is a world of difference here Christine, be careful. We do not want to accuse the innocent with prejudice. Keith is an individual, not a group. Big difference, is it not?? I am interested in any Oath Keepers who did the same, and I would appreciate it if you would tell me their names so I could confront them directly ... Truth is the most important ingredient to freedom. If we fail Truth, we fail. Period. In Keiths case, I emailed him directly, he could have simply stepped up even without a definitive answer and said,"I am still looking into this ..." I've heard nothing from him. A notation however. He may be so busy that he simply has not had enough time to respond, however his reputation is on the line , and I think that would be more important than anything. Or I might be wrong about that ...

Tim Gard

Oath Keepers WNY

Tim (i addressed you as Alan previously, my apologies)  What do I need to be careful about?  I made an observation that appeared inconsistent.  Not defending one way or the other.  I am not a member of O.K. Frankly, I don't have the time to "look into" these inconsistencies, nor is it my responsibility.  You however, are a member and it is your responsibility to find out the individual corrupting your upstanding honorable intentions.

Let us know when you find out and announce it as you have done so here.

I'm not so sure these comment sections are the place for what have turned out to be somewhat extended observations on my part, addressing points made in comments here, so I have posted the most recent to my blog space on this site and titled it "Honoring Human Nature Vs Exploiting It For Evil".

The gist of it is that for my part i actively despise those who would tyrannize and enslave We the People, but willing tolerate errors naturally and innocently made by honorable Patriots as they strive to defeat the forces of evil among us.

And to be clear, I am not endorsing or forgiving the fabrication of a false story, for there is no honor in that, but rather tolerating the simple and natural error of spreading it with honorable intentions to where it would, if it were true, be used for the best of purposes.

I live in New Mexico and had seen the KOB news story right around the time this story came out, which is why I didn't weigh in on it. I'm surprised that it took almost a week for someone to find the main stream story. Without jumping to any conclusions, there is something very fishy going on with this story. Is "Shane" really who he says he is (and I don't mean in name, I mean his beliefs)? What exactly was his role in the Levi Chavez situation? Which side was "Shane" on? Did he latch on to this organization to protect himself? I don't know. Or maybe what he says has some truth to it. I will say this, even though Chavez was acquitted nobody in his wife's family thinks he's innocent and the only reason her family dropped their lawsuit against him was to keep the children from having to go through it. If someone were to follow this I think they would find that things really aren't as it seems. Either "Shane" is right or he is on the wrong side of the law. Who knows anymore?

RSS

© 2020   Created by Online Professor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service