Considering the words to the pledge of allegiance were written by Francis Bellamy, a socialist and an American flag salesman; I’ve often wondered, where would America be today, if we had instead of pledging allegiance to a flag, we had encouraged our children to pledge allegiance to God and the Laws of Nature?
The Laws of Nature are explained in the Declaration of Independence, “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”
1) that nowhere in the Constitution nor in the Bible is pledging allegiance to a flag recommended or mentioned
2) that the Pledge to a Flag was accompanied by the Nazi salute when first introduced
3) that the author and salesmen for the Pledge were socialists and were proponents of a nationalized education system very similar to Prussia's authoritarian indoctrination model which sought to take education out of the hands of family and church with five key goals in mind. It was to create:
4) that historically; a flag denotes a nation's military and standing army, which means the Pledge of Allegiance to a flag symbolized allegiance to nation's military and standing army (not necessarily allegiance to the higher spiritually responsible principles upon which our nation was founded)
5) that a well-regulated militia composed of the body of people was considered the PROPER, NATURAL and SAFE defense of the a free state (VA Constitution Art I, Section 13) and that standing armies were considered dangerous to liberty
6) that blind loyalty to nation's military could never take the place of allegiance to our constitution and the principles upon which our nation was built;
I find the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, part of socialistic indoctrination of a militarized state. In those times when I am asked to stand and face the flag and repeat the Pledge, I have found it necessary to create my own words which I can recite in good faith conscience and as a reminder to myself of our American heritage based upon allegiance to the maxims of free government.
I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE CONSTITUTION AND TO REPUBLICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT GUARANTEED TO THE FREE AND INDEPENDENT STATES OF AMERICA, UNITED IN TRUTH, UNDER GOD WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.
What about you? If we were to do it over again, and you had to write the words to a Pledge of Allegiance, what would your words be?