Click on banner above to read some of his articles.

Views: 423

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been in this "freedom", "constitution", "we the people" movement for 10+ YEARS. I listened to Schaeffer Cox several times, and YES he does have/ did have a violent side. His ideas and presentment are EXCELLENT but as a person with little respect for LIFE he is less than worthless as YOUR poster boy. Your promotion of HIM severely degrades my opinion of "The Constitution Club" which I have been considering becoming active in prior to this. Perhaps a follow-up to explain your position of said SUPPORT of him would tend to rectify the damage done.

Geary-Thomas: Dooly

Geary-Thomas Dooly,

In your own word you stated that his ideas and presentations are excellent. I agree with you and that is exactly why I am promoting them. I have not, nor will promote him as personally, but men who resisted tyranny in the 1770's were are considered Patriots while people today that are resisting tyranny are considered to be domestic terrorists. Was Samuel Adams s terrorist or was he a Patriot, I guess it all depends on who's side your are on.

In his presentation Schaeffer Cox did not suggest that we resort to violence and if he had I nver would have posted his video. His message is sound and needs to be shared. Your statement that I am promoting him is a misrepresentation of the truth. If I shared a video about Adolf Hitler that does not mean that I am promoting or endorsing him. If I post a video I am promoting a message that you and both agreed was excellent.

Yes Keith I agree that we must be able to distinguish between the message and the messenger, and yes I also  believe that Mr. Cox may not truly be guilty of the charges for which he was convicted.  Certainly, a caveat and brief acknowledgement of Mr. Cox's trouble in addition to the recommendation to view would have been appropriate.  I think it would have helped the viewers understand the distinction and perhaps also helped caution those who take a stand against tyranny to realize what the dangers are.

Keith Broaders said:

In his presentation Schaeffer Cox did not suggest that we resort to violence and if he had I nver would have posted his video. His message is sound and needs to be shared. Your statement that I am promoting him is a misrepresentation of the truth. If I shared a video about Adolf Hitler that does not mean that I am promoting or endorsing him. If I post a video I am promoting a message that you and both agreed was excellent.

I'm wondering how you know that this young man has or had a violent side.  People have been framed for things like this before by our government and after I listened to his presentation I saw the note about his misfortune.  This young man was sent to prison for a crime for which there were no victims.  That says loudly to me possible set-up.  It's not hard for the government to set someone up that they don't want around.  I have serious doubts as to whether this young man was guilty of anything - convicted or not.  

Geary-Thomas Dooly said:

I have been in this "freedom", "constitution", "we the people" movement for 10+ YEARS. I listened to Schaeffer Cox several times, and YES he does have/ did have a violent side. His ideas and presentment are EXCELLENT but as a person with little respect for LIFE he is less than worthless as YOUR poster boy. Your promotion of HIM severely degrades my opinion of "The Constitution Club" which I have been considering becoming active in prior to this. Perhaps a follow-up to explain your position of said SUPPORT of him would tend to rectify the damage done.

Geary-Thomas: Dooly

Dear Debra Bryant,  I don't know a thing about you and you don't know a thing about me, so please do me the favor of not accusing me of being a troll.  I have given much of my life trying my best to figure how best we can fight against the tryanny we are facing.  As I said in my comment I LIKED THE MESSAGE, yet upon my own investigation into Mr. Cox's problems I concluded we must have leaders to follow without such baggage.  If I recall correctly, the original domestic problems were initiated by his wife not the government. I don't doubt for a second that he may have been targeted, entrapped or whatever, but we need to be wise when we put people like Mr. Cox forward as a poster child.  All I'm saying is let's be wise in our presentatons, and for that I guess I must be a troll.  In my experience one of the reasons why those of us who support liberty don't have more of an effect is that if someone disagrees with us in any way we automatically place that person outside of our circle ("must be a troll")  Please think about this and quit making posts based upon nothing but snap judgments.  If you have facts concerning me or Mr. Cox please present them before making accusations. Otherwise we are no better than those who we are working to remove from places of influence.  I would never have accused Mr. Cox of ruining his credibility without investigating as best I could.  And as far as having anything against him, I personally do not.

As you can see you touched a nerve with me, so please indulge me a bit further.  Let's say for sake of argument that everything I could find about Mr. Cox was fabricated and he is as innocent as possible, then what does that say about our liberty movement. Thousands of people who had signed up for the liberty bell project just let Shaeffer Cox get ruined by unscrupulous tyrants. To not share some of the information about Mr. Cox before publicizing his video so we could be prepared to receive the message without being blind sided by his problems would be wise.

Debra Bryant said:

JUST BECAUSE HE HAS HAD SOME TROUBLE IN HIS LIFE DOES NOT MEAN THE MESSAGE ISN'T WORTH ACTING ON.   That kind of comment really gets under my skin when we are searching and seeking and not coming up wqoth anything and you say something like that.  Kinda makes you sound like a troll.  just sayin!

Duane McMurdie said:

I first heard Mr. Cox give this lecture nearly 4 years ago and was impressed. Within days Mr. Cox completely ruined his credibility by getting charged with domestic abuse involving weapons. I remember checking this out and finding at least on the surface this was true. I do not know the outcome and since I see this video being resurrected I will try to research the outcome for both Mr. Cox, his family, and the liberty movement in Fairbanks.

I really liked the video, but we must have principled leaders to follow.

Dear Debra Bryant,  I don't know a thing about you and you don't know a thing about me, so please do me the favor of not accusing me of being a troll.  I have given much of my life trying my best to figure how best we can fight against the tryanny we are facing.  As I said in my comment I LIKED THE MESSAGE, yet upon my own investigation into Mr. Cox's problems I concluded we must have leaders to follow without such baggage.  If I recall correctly, the original domestic problems were initiated by his wife not the government. I don't doubt for a second that he may have been targeted, entrapped or whatever, but we need to be wise when we put people like Mr. Cox forward as a poster child.  All I'm saying is let's be wise in our presentatons, and for that I guess I must be a troll.  In my experience one of the reasons why those of us who support liberty don't have more of an effect is that if someone disagrees with us in any way we automatically place that person outside of our circle ("must be a troll")  Please think about this and quit making posts based upon nothing but snap judgments.  If you have facts concerning me or Mr. Cox please present them before making accusations. Otherwise we are no better than those who we are working to remove from places of influence.  I would never have accused Mr. Cox of ruining his credibility without investigating as best I could.  And as far as having anything against him, I personally do not.

As you can see you touched a nerve with me, so please indulge me a bit further.  Let's say for sake of argument that everything I could find about Mr. Cox was fabricated and he is as innocent as possible, then what does that say about our liberty movement. Thousands of people who had signed up for the liberty bell project just let Shaeffer Cox get ruined by unscrupulous tyrants. To not share some of the information about Mr. Cox before publicizing his video so we could be prepared to receive the message without being blind sided by his problems would be wise.

Debra Bryant said:

JUST BECAUSE HE HAS HAD SOME TROUBLE IN HIS LIFE DOES NOT MEAN THE MESSAGE ISN'T WORTH ACTING ON.   That kind of comment really gets under my skin when we are searching and seeking and not coming up wqoth anything and you say something like that.  Kinda makes you sound like a troll.  just sayin!

Duane McMurdie said:

I first heard Mr. Cox give this lecture nearly 4 years ago and was impressed. Within days Mr. Cox completely ruined his credibility by getting charged with domestic abuse involving weapons. I remember checking this out and finding at least on the surface this was true. I do not know the outcome and since I see this video being resurrected I will try to research the outcome for both Mr. Cox, his family, and the liberty movement in Fairbanks.

I really liked the video, but we must have principled leaders to follow.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Online Professor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service