Time to Alter or Abolish

quote-whenever-any-form-of-government-becomes-destructive-of-these-ends-life-liberty-and-the-thomas-jefferson-36-90-60.jpg?profile=RESIZE_710xClick on the image above

Our system of government is broken. No matter what you call it, the fact is that it does not serve the interests of the majority of people, it has become a tool in the hands of the financial elite to exploit the masses.

We could solve most of our problems if we followed the Constitution that we already have. If we held our elected officials accountable we would need to amend the Constitution, we would simply need to obey it.

Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence that when any form of government becomes tyrannical it is the right and the duty of the people to alter or abolish it.

The only question that needs to be asked is has that time come? If you believe as I do we must create a new form of government that promotes liberty, equality and justice for all. 

A new Constitution needs to be written that makes it abundantly clear what the government can and can not do. There must be consequences for government officials who violate the Constitution.

Violating one's oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution and if a public official is convicted  they should serve a minimum sentence  of twenty years in a Federal prison and a loss of their pensions.

You need to be a member of Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America to add comments!

Join Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Practically everyone knows that the founders of our nation believed that men were endowed with rights that were granted to them by their Creator. They recognize that these rights include the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But perhaps the most important of our unalienable rights is the right to alter or abolish our government.

The Founders did not say "if" the government becomes tyrannical, they said "when" it become tyrannical. I think that most of us would agree that our government has reached that point. The question is "Can our government to altered or must it be abolished? We can attempt to alter it by amending the Constitution, but I am not optimistic that is a formula for success. The second option is to abolish our government which was the course of action taken back in 1776.

We can sit back and do nothing and watch while our once great nation go down the drain or we can take action. We as a people need to explore what we can do to restore liberty and the American Dream.

• At one time I had registered the domain name, "ToAlerOrAbolish.com", but finally gave it up.  I do think we are at that crossroads.  

One of the last-ditch efforts to save this country lawfully is to ratify the Original First Amendment.  

A more difficult, but as necessary, task will be to repeal the 17th Amendment.  

Until we do those two things, we will have no Republic.

• Both the 14th and 15th Amendment were never ratified. Both are bad amendments and confusing.
    Just abolish slavery and take all that other crap out that they claim changed our form of government.
    It didn't. Just another lie by those in power.
  • I'm going through California's Constitutional Amendments and they claim in 1962 the people gave the legislature the right to propose amendments and gave them authority to revise the Constitution any time they wish.
    I can't find that amendment nor can I find it on a ballot.
    • Let me revise this. I found the measure in the 1962 Ballot but cannot find the ballot and election data that backs up their claim.
  • Yep! While twenty years is a long time, the intentional violation of one's oath is very serious and harsh sentencing has obvious deterrent affects. Still, public officials all have friends in high places and get months, instead of years if anything. Maybe, they should be  shackled to a post and striped down and whipped with a black snake whip, then sentenced to five years community service and a definite loss of pensions.

• The U.S. Constitution was written to limit the government and assure the natural rights of the citizens.

The 16th Amendment, that was never properly ratified, made possible taxation of  the incomes of individuals and the formation of the IRS and a central banking scheme, basing the currency on borrowed funds, creating a tread mill for all who work for wages, whose taxes go to pay the interest on the "National Debt".

Yes, Edward.... it is a system that turns citizens into serfs and I believe The 16th Amendment must be eliminated from our Constitution, along with several other much needed corrections.

I do not believe throwing out the baby with the bathwater brings anything but Anarchy. We need to correct our Constitution and limit the Government, to what our founders created.

• The constitution isn’t broken, it has been modified and ignored! Repeal every amendment and law created after December 1912 and immediately pass the One Subject at a Time Act! Maybe we can get it right the second time!
This reply was deleted.