Image result for dr dans freedom forum

Help Educate America
Click on the following link to help educate America.
Donations are not tax deductible.

Keith Broaders
1230 N Street #510
Sacramento, California 95814
Phone (916) 399-4881

It is assumed that the Constitution was written to protect, "We the People" from the potential abuse of power by the government of the United States, who were the people that the framers of the Constitution sought to protect?

The Constitution was not written to protect the rights of women. It did not provide protection for the Native Americans or the slaves. The only people that it was written to protect were the white males that owned a sufficient amount of land. Only the rich, white men had rights and every one else had privileges

Less than 40,000 of the people living in Virginia in voted n our nation's first Presidential Election in December of 1788. Since the population of Virginia at that time was nearly 800,000 only one person out of 20 voted for our first President.

Perhaps in the Preamble to the Constitution the words "We the People" should have been "We the rich white men" of the united States, in order to form a more perfect union . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The government schools have taught us what the government wants us to believe, not necessarily what is true. As long as we continue to think inside of the box that they have created for us, we will continue to be obedient lap dogs rather than free and independent thinkers. 

Views: 670

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Constitution was not followed, because of the ignorance and apathy of the American people. We have put too much faith and trust in our leaders and have given them our consent to do whatever they collectively think is best. We need to question authority and get educated. We need to support the principles of liberty and reject tyranny in order to survive. Before we can solve the problems that confront us we need to think instead of accepting all of the propaganda we receive from the government owned schools and media.

Online Professor said:

Peter, I agree completely with your last statement. The Constitution and laws that are consistent with the Constitution need to be obeyed and laws that violate the Constitution and the principles articulated in the Declaration of Independence need to be resisted. There are just laws that support liberty and unjust laws that promote tyranny. We are only obligated to obey the laws that promote liberty, equality and justice for all.

Peter van der Heiden said:

If the constitution was followed and not ignored over and over again through the years we wouldn't be in the sad shape we are now in. If a law is not enforced resulting in dysfunctional government, that does not make it a bad law. As a society, we have accepted too much corruption, that is the problem.
Well we no longer practice slavery in the United States And as I said before " we the people" means all Americans. We don't need to think about it. All Americans are equal today. Stop attacking the Constitution!

The 13th Amendment abolished slavery and involuntary servitude but it allowed for voluntary servitude. Men and women that are in debt are slaves to their creditors. By entering into contracts with the bankers and financial elite they have consented to their enslavement.

The Constitution is a wonderful document when the government follows it. Unfortunately the Constitution is misinterpreted and violated on a regular basis. The Constitution can not protect us if we are unwilling to defend it. The Constitution was written to protect us from the abuse of power by the government and to promote the protection of our lives, liberty and property.

I respect you and would like to encourage you to share your opinions even when we are  in disagreement. We can not solve problems with discussions. It is not my goal to change your mind about anything, it is motivate individuals to think about the problems we are facing and to think critically in search of answers.

While what you are saying here is true, it must be framed within the context of the times.  Prior to 1776, no attempt at limited Republican government had ever been attempted.  What they gave us was a framework for such things as women's suffrage.  The Constitution needs adjustment to the times.  The Anti-Federalists wanted a right to jury nullification of bad laws.  I wish Patrick Henry had gone to Philadelphia and eloquently fought for this provision, rather than staying in VA because he smelled a rat.  Rats need to be dealt with, not ignored.

I don't think your statement "We the white rich men" Is defending the Constitution.

Slaves were not considered"men" at that time. Liberty was the declaration of freedom of the current concept of "men" from the tyranny of England. The concept of viewing all people as men evolved through compassion and advancement of education. All evil is not instantly recognized as such.

I think many of "WE" consider the Founding Documents in a "Democratic" way and NOT a form of Republican Governance...

Answer me this question:
Why would women need to vote?
Why would someone under 21 need to vote?
ESPECIALLY in 1778????????

Our Founders meant for the people who had some "Skin in the Game" to make decisions concerning the "Running" of the Government. It wasn't supposed to be a Popularity Contest as it is today...

What the hell do most 18, 19 and 20 year olds know about ANYTHING, much less have the "Life Experience" to make a educated decision on the Representatives that make laws and treaties????
Why do we need 2 people from each household to vote? And that household should include others besides just the "Land Owners",,, But, it should NOT include Welfare recipients and Freeloaders (Black, White, Red or Yellow).

We need Representation, NOT Leaders...

I don't want to Follow ANYONE, I want my Congressman or Senator to do MY Will NOT His/Hers.

We have all this Backwards....

I will schedule a conference phone call for all of the members of the Constitution Club that would like to discuss this recent discussion that I posted today regarding the "Who the Constitution was Written to Protect. To participate in the discussion call 1 (347)884-9499 at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. I encourage everyone that has read this post to call in and voice their opinion.

Professor, first, please accept my apology for the terseness on my post. I suppose it just hit me wrong. Still, "We, the rich white men"?

Second, whatever percentage it was, not all of the colonists, for whatever reason, were in favor of a fight with England. Only a few brave "rich white men", who were educated and who had studied history saw the value in a fight with England; in a struggle for freedom from a tyrannical government. The great many others who didn't see that value and who probably weren't as accomplished or as "rich" were indoctrinated... were used to being told how to live their lives and were too afraid to step out of line.

Third, you say that the Constitution did not promote equality and justice for all. You're right. It promoted individual liberty and justice for all. Neither our Constitution nor our Bill of Rights guaranteed equality. They guaranteed the right to life, that is, to each individual the right to exist without government restriction; the right to individual liberty, that is, to each individual the right to live his life as he see fit without government restriction; and the pursuit of happiness, that is, to each individual the right to chose for himself what road in life to pursue. The thing is, with those rights, come responsibility, which is why only an educated and moral people have the ability to govern themselves. Men are born equal in the eyes of God. No constitution can promote or guarantee that they will stay that way. Equality is one thing. Equal opportunity is something completely different.

Fourth, our original Constitution was by no means perfect. The culture of the time tolerated slavery and the subjugation of women, though not all the people subscribed to it. The 13th and 19th Amendments were, absolutely, further attempts to tweek a document that is still a 5000 year leap over any other constitution in this world. Was our original constitution meant to protect only the posterity of the Framers or of all the American people? (Wow, what a question.) I firmly believe that it was meant to protect every American citizen. Again, at the time the original Constitution was written, a culture that tolerated what today we consider injustices was at hand. Throughout our history, however, we have, as a Christian people, and in the face of a once benign evil, now a full fledged hurricane of evil, tried to do the right thing. The people, that is the educated and moral of us, want to do the right thing... even insist on it. Unfortunately, that has become a difficult thing to do, what with our representation in government all but completely snuffed out.

Online Professor said:

Please check up on your statement that only 3% of the people supported the revolution. I think you will discover that your numbers are incorrect.

I believe that the framers of the Constitution were mortal men and that the document they drafted was built upon the principles articulated in the Declaration of Independence. While to document was excellent in many regards, it did not promote equality and justice for all. It frankly did not even recognize that women had the same God given rights as men. It also allowed the states to perpetuate the institution of slavery.

The framers of the Constitution declared in the Preamble that they were desirous to establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity . . . . . . .

Were they speaking of their posterity or the posterity of all of the American people? Did the Constitution protect the life, liberty and property of some of the people or all of the people? Did not the 13th and 19th Amendments seek to promote greater equality than that was not provided for in the original Constitution?

I truly regret my earlier Facebook post of the the letter from the Constitution Club soliciting financial and other support. I who have been called a rabid fan of our Constitution. Those of my contacts who went out of curiosity to see what the ning site was were greeted by the same claptrap that the government schools use to indoctrinate our children. To post such a banal example of group think on a site that is supposedly pro-Constitution beggars belief and causes me shame.

Rich white men indeed...

Debi,

There will be a discussion on blog talk radio which I want you to join.  Keith is a strong advocate of the Declaration of Independence.  He sees flaws in the Constitution which I agree with, but this does not mean that we are against the Constitution.  We are for liberty.  The Constitution was the best effort by the men at the time.  But a reading of the Anti-federalists points out caveats against the Constitution which have proven to be correct.  Please do not be so quick to judge Keith.  There are few men in our day who have labored for the cause of liberty like he has.  Please join us for the discussion and you will be able to voice your constructive criticisms.  I have advised Keith numerous times that he must work on being tactful.  At times he is the proverbial bull in the China closet.  But he is in love with liberty and you need not be ashamed for posting support for his efforts.  I just wish you would be patient.  None of us are perfect; we need to hear each other before making judgements.  God bless you, Debi.

Debi Ringhaver Lane said:

I truly regret my earlier Facebook post of the the letter from the Constitution Club soliciting financial and other support. I who have been called a rabid fan of our Constitution. Those of my contacts who went out of curiosity to see what the ning site was were greeted by the same claptrap that the government schools use to indoctrinate our children. To post such a banal example of group think on a site that is supposedly pro-Constitution beggars belief and causes me shame.

Rich white men indeed...

Is that today, August 1?

Online Professor said:

I will schedule a conference phone call for all of the members of the Constitution Club that would like to discuss this recent discussion that I posted today regarding the "Who the Constitution was Written to Protect. To participate in the discussion call 1 (347)884-9499 at 6:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. I encourage everyone that has read this post to call in and voice their opinion.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Online Professor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service