8575478263?profile=original

It is assumed that the Constitution was written to protect, "We the People" from the potential abuse of power by the government of the United States, who were the people that the framers of the Constitution sought to protect?

The Constitution was not written to protect the rights of women. It did not provide protection for the Native Americans or the slaves. The only people that it was written to protect were the white males that owned a sufficient amount of land. Only the rich, white men had rights and every one else had privileges

Less than 40,000 of the people living in Virginia in voted n our nation's first Presidential Election in December of 1788. Since the population of Virginia at that time was nearly 800,000 only one person out of 20 voted for our first President.

Perhaps in the Preamble to the Constitution the words "We the People" should have been "We the rich white men" of the united States, in order to form a more perfect union . . . . . . . . . . . . .

8575478281?profile=original

The government schools have taught us what the government wants us to believe, not necessarily what is true. As long as we continue to think inside of the box that they have created for us, we will continue to be obedient lap dogs rather than free and independent thinkers. 

You need to be a member of Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America to add comments!

Join Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well today we take the constitution literaly. "We The People" means all American citizens. I really don't believe your
    statement. So what exactly are you doing? I thought this was a site that supports the constitution, not attack it.
  • Peter,

All I am trying to get people to do is think. Sheep don't think and that is why it is so easy to lead them to the slaughter. Benjamin Franklin once said "It is the responsibility of every citizen to question authority." If we accept everything that we are taught In the government schools without question, we are much more likely to accept voluntary servitude.

• This website supports the principles of liberty and the principles articulated in the Declaration of Independence. The Constitution when it was written protected some of the people, but did not recognize the equal rights of all people. Your assertion that it was written that "We the People" meant everyone is obviously untrue. Today due to the ratification of the 13th and 19th Amendments, the term "We the People" is much more inclusive than the meaning in 1787. If the Constitution as it was written represented all of the people, it would not have needed to be amended.

Online Professor said:

Peter,

All I am trying to get people to do is think. Sheep don't think and that is why it is so easy to lead them to the slaughter. Benjamin Franklin once said "It is the responsibility of every citizen to question authority." If we accept everything that we are taught In the government schools without question, we are much more likely to accept voluntary servitude.

• It has been said that only an educated, informed and Christian people have any chance of governing themselves. This is probably why, if your stats are correct, only 1 in 20 voted in the first election (not that everyone wasn't Christian). Also, remember that only about three percent (I think that's correct) of the population at that time was in favor of a fight for independence from England (probably the 1 in 20 and probably the "wealthy"). Also recall that many of those who voted had lost their fortunes in the building of America. I am appalled that you would make such a blanket statement as what you wrote and I completely disagree with it. Yes, our Founders were white and most had achieved station, as all of the aristocracy in England... but our Founders had earned their place, whereas the English aristocracy had been born into it. Today, the current administration and most of Congress would have us believe the type of drivel you have espoused in your blog. I don't believe it for a second.

• Please check up on your statement that only 3% of the people supported the revolution. I think you will discover that your numbers are incorrect.

I believe that the framers of the Constitution were mortal men and that the document they drafted was built upon the principles articulated in the Declaration of Independence. While to document was excellent in many regards, it did not promote equality and justice for all. It frankly did not even recognize that women had the same God given rights as men. It also allowed the states to perpetuate the institution of slavery.

The framers of the Constitution declared in the Preamble that they were desirous to establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and secure the blessing of liberty to ourselves and our posterity . . . . . . .

Were they speaking of their posterity or the posterity of all of the American people? Did the Constitution protect the life, liberty and property of some of the people or all of the people? Did not the 13th and 19th Amendments seek to promote greater equality than that was not provided for in the original Constitution?

• I think the last thing we should be doing is attacking our constitution. Obama continues to ignore it and I truly believe he would do away with it he could. Your statements are only giving him more ammunition and encouraging the delusional idea that the constitution is outdated and not applicable today. Very disappointed in this posting and considering removing my membership .
  • Are you saying that the owners of the southern plantations that participated in the drafting of the Constitution achieved their stations in life based on their own initiative and hard work?  Is it not true that much of their wealth was created on the backs of the slaves that they owned?

Mark E. Smith said:

It has been said that only an educated, informed and Christian people have any chance of governing themselves. This is probably why, if your stats are correct, only 1 in 20 voted in the first election (not that everyone wasn't Christian). Also, remember that only about three percent (I think that's correct) of the population at that time was in favor of a fight for independence from England (probably the 1 in 20 and probably the "wealthy"). Also recall that many of those who voted had lost their fortunes in the building of America. I am appalled that you would make such a blanket statement as what you wrote and I completely disagree with it. Yes, our Founders were white and most had achieved station, as all of the aristocracy in England... but our Founders had earned their place, whereas the English aristocracy had been born into it. Today, the current administration and most of Congress would have us believe the type of drivel you have espoused in your blog. I don't believe it for a second.

• If the constitution was followed and not ignored over and over again through the years we wouldn't be in the sad shape we are now in. If a law is not enforced resulting in dysfunctional government, that does not make it a bad law. As a society, we have accepted too much corruption, that is the problem.
  • Professor you ignore the status of the world at the time of the framing. Slavery was worldwide not just on the American continent. As for your remark "on the backs of slaves", you, who are educated and living in a mechanized world proclaim your "superior judgement" as "righteousness" instead of historical awareness.

• THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS ARE TEACHING!!! This is the regurgitation of the same vomitus that the liberals have been indoctrinating our children with for years right down to the social code words and phraseology. You'll have to do better if you want to provoke thought, sir.

Seems to me that "On Line Professor" is about as free thinking as the "On Campus Professors" on almost every campus in America. Very disappointing...

This reply was deleted.