My Pledge of Allegiance

"I was born free and am entitled to all of the rights granted to me by my Creator. Freedom is my birthright and preserving it is my responsibility.

I pledge allegiance to my Creator and to the principles of individual liberty and personal responsibility. I will respect the lives, liberty and property of others and demand that my rights be respected. I will never seek to gain a political or financial advantage over another human being.

I will respect my neighbor's right to think, act and believe whatever he wishes and will expect him of afford me the same opportunity. I will honor this commitment to the best of my ability and will endeavor to listen to my conscience and always seek to do what is right."

- Keith Broaders

Please Like and Share this Posting

You need to be a member of Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America to add comments!

Join Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• endeavor to be moral in all that I say and do.

or morally clean

• Thank you for your suggestion,

• How about "endeavor to maintain high moral standards and character in all that I say and do.

• No, but I'll sign this one....always liked it.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

• Thank you Mark.

Yours is a Declaration of Rights where mine emphasizes my responsibilities.

• I like your thoughts that you borrowed from the Declaration of Independence, so let's be sure to give credit where credit is due. 

Now for one of the key words you quoted: from the CONSENT of the Governed, Here's a suggestion for an editional piece to be added: "If the Governed do not consent, then the people by way of their birthright and duty accompanied by their birthright shall by any means necessary remove from office any and all public servants who do not consent to the will of the people and they shall be eliminated from the face of the Earth.

Mine covers both quite well. 

• This pledge is more of a reaffirmation of the Declaration of Independence with an emphasis on our responsibilities to one another.

• Always.
  • If everyone was individually responsible to do what is right, we would live in harmony with one another.

• I'll go with Keith's. The Declaration, although brilliant and the product of both struggle and wisdom, is a victim of the time for any kind of middleman (gooberment) to be over. Time to stand, accept responsibility for ourselves and be done with all agencies purporting to in any way be a master - of any variety - over any and all men and women.

In other words, there's me and there's the Creator of All.

Seek the countenance and wisdom of the Creator of All; live in peace and fraternity with all; harm no one.

That's it.
This reply was deleted.