Constitution Club

It is my understanding that members of the Law Enforcement Community have a license to kill whenever they feel their lives are being threatened.

Apparently it doesn't matter whether the threat is real or just imagined. 

The founders of our nation were believed we were all to be treated equally under the law and no one had the right to take another person's life without justification; not even a police officer with a badge.

By granting a license to police officers to use deadly force whenever they feel threatened, we have created a special class of citizens with the lawful authority kill people while depriving them of their due process. When a police officer has this power, he becomes the judge, jury and executioner.

I believe when a member of the law enforcement community uses deadly force to end someone's life they should be put on trial. If the jury determines the use of deadly force was justified the officer should be exonerated and if not he should be prosecuted.

Perhaps police officers would be less inclined to use deadly force if they knew in advance they would be held accountable for their actions. 

I also believe that the labor unions representing the law enforcement community prevent justice by shielding police officers from accountability. I don't think there is a more important job than protecting the lives, liberty and property of the people.

I think we need to pay our police officers substantially more and should give those officers who do their job without using deadly force an annual cash bonus.

Our county has become a rogue cop. Our government has appointed itself as the world's law enforcement agency and treats other nations as criminals and uses the threat of violence to get them to do our bidding.

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately too true. Dec 30, 2014 a Robert Lawrence was shot and killed by a cop in front of his two kids, his girlfriend and her minor child. All while trying to drop off an abandoned dog at an animal shelter while not having a state issued ID. http://r.duckduckgo.com/l/?kh=-1&uddg=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogtalk...

The family members have received threats from both the police department and the state Bureau of Investigations. So the family members are terrorified and some have left the state. Of course nobody is pressing for justice for Robert and/or his children, except possibly me.

I had sent a letter to the governor back in Aug/Sep stating that good Americans lives were threatened and at stake simply because they do not agree with, want or have a gov. issued ID card or other. I stated that this issue needed/needs to be addressed. I sent two different letters and never received a responsible reply pertaining to either or the concerns and issues brought up for peaceful resolution.

Subsequently, I have followed up suggesting that should the governor or his agent have responsibly cooperated in addressing the real issue(s) and concern(s) presented that possibly/probably Robert may have not been killed and his two children orphaned. I requested a responsible replay within the next 10 days as other Americans, or beings within the state territory lives are at risk, as the state has already again proved. Until liberty is respected by cooperative resolution more Americans will probably be killed by state actors.  Will see how, or if the governor now responds.

Doing my part, and what I can.  Stay SAFE, if that is even possible these days.

Excuse my ignorance Sovereign,

But I had no knowledge of this incident. However, I did find something on photographyisnotacrime.com about this burgeoning problem in America.

This is a tragic result of the "Police State" that "They" say doesn't exist.

So far I don't see how "they" could possibly deny it.

“Citizens may resist unlawful arrest to the point of taking an arresting officer’s life if necessary.” - Plummer v. State, 136 Ind. 306.

This premise was upheld by the Supreme Court of the United States in the case: John Bad Elk v. U.S., 177 U.S. 529.

The Court stated: “Where the officer is killed in the course of the disorder which naturally accompanies an attempted arrest that is resisted, the law looks with very different eyes upon the transaction, when the officer had the right to make the arrest, from what it does if the officer had no right. What may be murder in the first case might be nothing more than manslaughter in the other, or the facts might show that no offense had been committed.”

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” - Housh v. People, 75 111. 491;

reaffirmed and quoted in

State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452;

State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245;

Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349;

State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447;

State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

“When a person, being without fault, is in a place where he has a right to be, is violently assaulted, he may, without retreating, repel by force, and if, in the reasonable exercise of his right of self defense, his assailant is killed, he is justified.” - Runyan v. State, 57 Ind. 80; Miller v. State, 74 Ind. 1.

Try resisting an unlawful arrest if you will and you will end  face up on a stainless steel autopsy table my friend. The police or the judges in these courts could care less than a damn about supreme court (sic) cases. They have had relevant court cases thrown at them and still they don't care! The authority that they claim to have takes on the form of a barrel of a gun.

Nor your governor so it seems for the 3rd time as he nor his office have responded. What a surprise. He'd rather kill his subjects than protect them, obviously.

We The People are not subjects, and this is definitely not the forum to use such terminology.

For someone who uses the term Sovereign as his/her handle here, you're most certainly on board here, but we are not subjects anymore as we threw the King and his troops out in 1776.

And we the people can protect our self's quite well, and if some people don't avail themselves of the means to do so, then they are most certainly welcome to call for the Police and wait for them to arrive, but that really isn't such a great idea as evidenced by the police beatings and lawful or unlawful use of deadly force, as mentioned here in this topic.

Our public servants have reached a temporary escape velocity and are now operating under the illusion that only they have the power over us, which is most certainly untrue. We need to constantly watch out for such types who invade our sovereign powers.

You're right, the Governor in this case isn't replying. This Governor needs to be reminded who holds the power of the purse, and it isn't him/her either. We just had our former Governor resign in disgrace for using his public office for his and his girl friends personal gain. The Federal Government is investigating this matter.

I'm sure many, if not all current Governors, have, or are doing the same thing in some manner right now, using the same power-play right now in what can only be an abuse of their elected positions in our Government. Our former Governor could be looking at some serious time in a prison, but the general public consensus has been rather mute on the topic for some reason...time will tell, as it always does.

But remember this, what goes up must come down, and eventually they will be confronted by We The People once again....I hope they enjoy their re-entry to the harsh reality of us waiting to greet them. 

I have had the State Police (in a case of mistaken identity) point high powered rifles right at my face from point blank range and 6 or 7 officers and cars backing them up. What do you think I did?

I don't know Morton, since you were there, I can only rely on you telling me exactly what did you do. I don't have a crystal ball!

I'm still here talking to you fine folks; aren't I?

That should tell you something. I did what they told me to do of course. I was not afraid for my life, they just wanted to talk. They just have a funny way of introducing themselves, that's all.

And may I say, by the way, these guys were "Dressed to the Nines". They must make real good money, because every one of them was clean cut, dapper and looked like they were ready for the "Statesmen's Ball". Quite an impressive showing, I must say. They were on me "like white on rice".

Quick, efficient and quite under control. No chaos, no resisting, just commands and cooperation. That's all it ever should be. Take your fight to court where no one is in immediate fear for his/her life. Don't try to resist the guy that has the same rights you do; To shoot to kill if he feels his safety is threatened.

As it turns out, they didn't want me, They wanted Eric Frein. Ya THAT Eric Frein. They thought they were hunting down a COP KILLER. Imagine if I would have tried to resist. No thank you.

We are in line and agreement on the term and presumption "subject". Obviously, that was used as a representative perspective of unfortunately probably most governors and other "representatives" who unfortunately and probably unknown to the people dumb enough to put them in office, are lawyers themselves.

What might one think you did? Well for me, I would have probably made certain I was recording something by some means, even sound, then kissing the ground with my face hollering don't shoot, at the very least. GRIN Actually, as we know, it's not funny, but seriously deadly as most of us know and the rest don't care about. What's a life?

From here on out I suggest that when confronted by the police, ask for their public surety bond, Every cop has one in some form, and you have the right to ask for their business card and it should have their badge number or DPSST number on it.

Every state/county might have a variety of ways of dealing with this form of I.D. for its police officers, but once you ask for it you better get ready to see them either play dumb, or to get quite pissed off. When you ask for their surety bond number, they will be quite surprised or pissed off that you know enough to ask for their bond number, because that's how they get insured by the tax payers who ultimately pay for their liability insurance, which is what their surety bond is.

Once you understand that a cop can't be a cop if they are uninsurable for past transgressions that their department may have on file on that cop, (which is usually kept under lock and key away from the public's prying eyes), then you can expect them to be quite protective of that number.

They know if you file a claim against their bond, they will be facing an internal affairs investigation. This can either result in a defensive position by the cop or if they are cool about it, then chances are they are an honest cop, but the more aggressive they are, the worse it can be for you because it can rapidly escalate your situation into a undesirable result.

Let's face it, the Police and the Courts like to think of themselves as above the rest of us, but under the United States Constitution under the equality clause we are ALL equal and their is no allowance for being a privileged or immune class. No one is above the law, unless you're a Judge, a DA, or a cop, or so they like to think.

Be cautious with this request for their bond number, they don't like people knowing this information, and it can backfire on you, so be careful on how you use it.   

RSS

© 2019   Created by Online Professor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service