Gary Hunt
Outpost of Freedom
May 9, 2014

There have been efforts to discredit a man who has served, honorably, in the United States Army, active duty from June 2001 through January 2006.

The question arises out of whether he was an Airborne Ranger, or, an Airborne ranger. Hardly a violation of the Stolen Valor Act. Instead, well, let's look at what he did do.

Prior to his separation from service, he received The Army Commendation Medal. The citation reads:

The Army Commendation Medal
Sergeant Ryan W. Payne
F Co, 51st Infantry, 519th Military Intelligence Battalion
For exceptionally meritorious service as a long range surveillance senior scout observer and assistance team leader. Sergeant Payne brought to every mission outstanding initiative, professionalism, and dedication to duty. His selfless service has been in the finest military tradition and reflects great credit upon himself, the 525th Military Intelligence Brigade, and the United States Army.
 From 1 March 2002 to 1 January 2006

Note that he served "as a long range surveillance senior scout observer and assistance team leader."Not only were their Rangers doing "long range surveillance", there were Airborne qualified personnel doing "long range surveillance" They did the same duties as a Ranger, though they were only rangers. They did not earn the tab "Ranger", and Payne has never claimed that he had earned the tab.

I hope that we haven't come to the point that when his sons asks, "what did you do in the War, Daddy?", he would have to say that he was a long range "hiker", since ranger has become politically incorrect.

Ryan received another Army Commendation Medal, as well. That citation reads:

The Army Commendation Medal
Spc. Ryan W. Payne
Exemplary Service during combat operations with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) from 19 March 2003 to 05 June 2003 in Iraq. His selfless service and duty performance during Operation Iraqi Freedom contributed significantly to the Division's success in liberating three key cities and to the establishment of a Free Iraq. His professionalism and commitment to excellence reflect great credit on him, the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), and the United States Army.

However, the nit pickers, in their efforts to demean Ryan Payne, have chosen to attack his successful (read the citations, again) "meritorious service" at Bunkerville, holding the chaotic mass of militia and molding them into a cohesive force, by attacking his likewise successful service to his country as the tool to accomplish their nefarious objective.

No, the is not a case of "Stolen Valor", it is simply a case of "Stealing Valor".

This article can be found on line at: Stealing Valor

Views: 1001

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is the real issue the one and only all the rest is fruitless and decisive and a disservice to all loyal patriots

"Note that Ryan Payne served “as a long range surveillance senior scout observer and assistance team leader.  ”Not only were there Rangers doing “long range surveillance”, there were Airborne qualified personnel doing “long range surveillance”. They did the same duties as a Ranger, though they were only rangers. They did not earn the tab “Ranger”, and Payne has never claimed that he had earned the tab.

the nit pickers, in their efforts to demean Ryan Payne, have chosen to attack his successful (read the citations, again) “meritorious service” at Bunkerville, holding the chaotic mass of militia and molding them into a cohesive force, by attacking his likewise successful service to his country as the tool to accomplish their nefarious objective."

Ref: Modern Militia Movement

It is indeed a travesty that the law enforcement community is completely disconnected from the militias and in effect We The People... it's a small step for a soldier to return to the community but a giant leap for and LEO, might as well put up a wall and sing sing.

I spent a week at the Bundy Ranch.  In my never-so-humble opinion, Payne's bigger crime was to trash Oath Keepers in public, on a Youtube video.  Make no mistake, the way Stewart Rhodes' Board of directors issued the orders for their people to abandon their posts was horrible.  Personally, I don't see how OK will recover from this but this guy should not have done what he did to make matters worse.  From what I know and saw, the threat of a drone strike on the ranch, (as completely ridiculous and absurd as it sounds) was a well-planned government psy-op that worked beyond their wildest hopes.  And it looks to me like Payne was the provocateur sent in to damage OK. 

In his pathetic, finger-pointing video, I believe it is Stewart who refers to Payne as a Ranger.  In fact, Payne had Marine stickers all over his truck.  I'll grab the Rhodes video and post it here.  I see it as an hour of whining, finger-pointing, and making excuses for a complete breakdown in leadership.

Here is the video of Payne trashing OK and provoking the others.   The guy to his right, is Jerry Delamus who Payne put in charge of the operation and later confirmed by Stewart.  Jerry was not a member of OK before arriving from NH to stand with the Bundys. This came after the Stewart video below.

Here is the video Stewart made 5 DAYS AFTER HIS PEOPLE TOLD OATH KEEPERS TO ABANDON THEIR POSTS.

It seems to me The Bundys and the community they live in are not the sleeping beauty types, and they have decided whom they'll stand with ...that alone speaks volumes.

Constitution club management and members. Stewart is a class act in everything I have seen and heard about him and his badly needed organization.  I have first hand experience in this.

At this point,both your motives and tactics are suspect.

If you persist in your attacks on OK, I will withdraw and tell everyone I know to stay away from it.

CRAFT INTERNATIONAL NEEDS TO BE THE FOCUS!

I just almost fell for another attempt to get this Ryan Payne issue going down another direction. Ryan Payne is a private military contractor. That is the real issue that we all need to be looking into. Stop focusing on the deliberate distractions about whether Ryan is a Ranger or ranger. That will come out at a later date. First hand testimony from Ryan himself claims he works with Craft International. This person who had this discussion with Ryan is the Commander of California State Militia. Ryan Payne was on the ground at the Buddy’s with a man named Mike School who is the founder of Citizens action Network. Mike School also is part of us UAMAC United American Militia Advisory Council and the 4th Continental Congress general secretary. Mike School endorsed the California State Militia Commander on the Constitutional Club radio broadcast in March of 2014. This is critical for people to look into.

Can we get back to the real issue http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news50.htm

The issue is Federal gov land grabs

"VA supervisor: Older veterans should be "shot in the head" to save money" (click here).

Now foreign enemies are preferable to being in a domestic gov’t hospital.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Online Professor.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service