The authors of the Constitution for the United States understood that the power to tax had the potential to destroy liberty if it were used to by the government without great caution. In the Declaration of Independence it was well understood by the signers of the Declaration of Independence that life, liberty and property were God given rights and that the government could not infringe on any of these rights without destroying the liberty it was created to protect.

The framers of the Constitution indicated that there were two types of taxes. One was unconstitutional and the other was not. Any direct tax that was imposed on individuals robbed them of their God given property rights. They considered direct taxes to be a form of theft and that property rights could not be unalienable if the government had the authority to take the property of the people without their voluntary consent.

The taxes levied by King George were direct taxes and were considered unjust and unfair. In writing the Constitution, the founders wanted to make sure that this type of abuse would not take place in America. They required that all taxes collected in the United States must be indirect. An indirect tax is a form of voluntary taxation. Since the taxes would need to be voluntary, the government could not compel people to pay taxes without their voluntary consent.

When a government has the unlimited power to levy and collect taxes, the people lose their sovereignty and become debt slaves of the government. In the Constitution any form of direct taxes were prohibited. Taxes  that compel individuals to pay for products or services that they don't want and don't need are unconstitutional.

Many people falsely believe that direct taxes are necessary for the government to survive. The Catholic and Mormon Churches are doing quite well financially without the necessity of taxing their followers.

The best way to control government spending is to limit the governments ability to collect taxes and borrow money. When Congress is unrestrained, it can spend as much money as the Federal Reserve can print. The people are then compelled to pay for the myriad of programs and services that we don't want and don't need.

The government needs to be stripped of their ability to borrow money unless three-fourths of the states legislatures votes to allow it. We need to return to principle that the ownership of property is our right and that our government can not take our property without our voluntary consent.

,br.

You need to be a member of Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America to add comments!

Join Constitution Club - 2020 Vision 4 America

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• TAXATION IS OUTRIGHT THEFT OF ANOTHERS PROPERTY !

• how can we use nullification as a remedy?

How and to who do we give NOTICE and grace, to correct their errors or, that we refuse to pay?

by the way.......Our State secretary could not find IRS or any names for the internal revenue service in the record for the state of Texas. Its like they are not registered here or don't exist in Texas or are fraudulently collecting from us maybe under some other assumed name.  

• Not to be "Mistaken" here, I just wanted to further explain "Direct Taxation" (no comments please - this is just for members {or anyone} who does not understand "Direct Taxation") "Direct Taxation" is a tax that taxes the "Source" of income (as in your "paycheck") all direct taxes must be "apportioned"

The government "penned" the 16th Amendment which virtually says that direct taxes DO NOT have to be apportioned, and then tried to convince "us" that it (the16th Amendment) received the amount of states agreeing and "ratifying" the 16th Amendment. This was a lie (Oh no, not our government!)

Check out the State of Connecticut (Corporations - registered in the state)and search for the "IRS" and "SS"   HHhhhmmmmmm!

I read about alot of people writing about how a "flat rate tax" would be acceptable! WRONG! Stick to the Constitution and "Direct and Indirect" taxation, quit spending more than they make, and return the obligations of the "states"

I am just someone who is his own battle with the "thieving &($%@)($%" But I stick to my guns!

Just my opinions!

• Nullification can be done at the state level OR the county level, OR the city level... etc.  Anything unconstitutional is null and void.  Supreme Court established that long ago. We simply withdraw our consent, and realize we are the creators of the federal and state governments, and they do NOT have jurisdiction over us except as we allow it.  Just say NO, and research your rights.

Julian of the family Marquez said:

how can we use nullification as a remedy?

How and to who do we give NOTICE and grace, to correct their errors or, that we refuse to pay?

by the way.......Our State secretary could not find IRS or any names for the internal revenue service in the record for the state of Texas. Its like they are not registered here or don't exist in Texas or are fraudulently collecting from us maybe under some other assumed name.  

This reply was deleted.